I’m constantly on the quest for super easy recipes for pizza and flatbread dough. This one is so simple to make its crazy. There is no yeast involved and its gluten free.
I added coconut milk instead of water and it gives this dough a super unique taste which will blow your mind.
Of course you can add whatever toppings you want, I choose mushrooms and cashew cream cheese because I honestly can’t think of anything more delicious!
Makes 2 flatbreads
for the dough:
- 2 c gluten free all purpose flour
- 400 ml of homemade coconut milk or 1 can of store bought coconut milk
- 2 tsp aleppo pepper
- 2 tbsp herbs de provence
- 1 tsp baking powder
- a pinch of salt
for the toppings:
- 1/4 c cashew cream cheese
- 2 handful of chestnut mushrooms
- 2 handful of arugula
- 2 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp tahini
- juice of half a lemon
- 3 tbsp water
- a pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 200 C
- Mix all the dry ingredients for the dough together in a large bowl.
- Add the coconut milk, mix well and start kneading your dough until it become smooth. Add more flour if necessary.
- Form the dough into 2 balls, using a rolling pin roll each of them into a thin crust.
- Transfer to the crusts into the oven and bake for 8 mins. Flip over and bake for another two.
- While the flatbreads are in the oven prepare the cashew cream cheese. The recipe is here.
- Next heat the coconut oil in a skillet on medium/high heat. Cut the mushrooms in slices and add to the skillet together with the soy sauce. Sautee until tender.
- Then mix the tahini with the lemon juice, water & salt. Add more water or tahini to achive your preferred consistency.
- Once the flatbreads are out of the oven, spread the cream cheese on top followed by the arugula, then the mushrooms and finally drizzle the tahini sauce on top.