Summer is here and porridge season is officially over and you’ll need something a little more refreshing for breakfast.
Ok, I admit that popsicles might be a little weird to have for breakfast. But if you’re heaving a super busy morning and you just want a quick refreshing bite, these are perfect. Plus they are super quick to make, and will keep in the freezer for ages.
Of course they don’t just make an quick little breakfast snack, they are also perfect for a little afternoon snack or dessert on super hot days.
Makes 8 Popsicles
- popsicle molds
- 1 ripe mango
- 420 g or 1 1/3 c plant based yoghurt of your choice
- 4 tsp buckwheat groats
- 2 tsp agave sirup (optional)
- a pinch of vanilla powder
- Start by adding 1/2 a tsp of the buckwheat groats into the each one of the popsicle molds.
- Next blend up the Mango with 1/3 c or 80g of the yoghurt, I used unsweetened coconut/soy yoghurt.
- Mix the remaining yogurt together with the agave sirup (if you’re using it) and the vanilla powder.
- Then dived half a cup or 170g of the yogurt evenly between the molds.
- Next divide up the mango yoghurt mix evenly and finish off with the remaining yoghurt.
- Freeze overnight and enjoy the most refreshing breakfast the next morning :).