I called this one ‘The Best Bread Ever’ not just because it tastes pretty amazing, its also the easiest bread you will ever make.
I always seem to have my troubles using yeast, I don’t know why but I rarely ever get it right, either I use to much or to little and it either won’t rise properly or the finished bake tastes like yeast which is not what you want. On top of all of that yeast is pretty hard to digest especially when combined with gluten. This recipe has not yeast and technically no gluten, the oats do but you could easily replace them with gluten free oats, which means no rising, no waiting for hours until the bread is ready and also no excuse for not making your own bread.
This Recipe is a savory version because it has sun dried tomatoes but you could just replace them with nuts or just leave them out all together.
- 3/4 cup or 120g sunflower seeds
- 3/4 cup or 80g pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup or 70g ground flaxseeds
- 1/2 cup or 50g chopped sun dried tomatoes (I use the ones that don’t come in oil)
- 3/4 cup or 75g oats
- 1/2 cup or 85g buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup or 65g rice flour
- 4 tbsp ground psyllium husk seeds
- 1 tbsp agave sirup
- 4 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp ground fennel
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp ground anise
- 1/4 tsp ground caraway
- a pinch of salt
- 2 cups or 450 ml water
- Add all the dry ingredients into a silicon loaf pan and stir well*.
- Add all the wet ingredients into a bowl and stir well
- Add the wet into the dry ingredients and stir well until everything is evenly combined.
- Smooth out the top of the dough and let it rest for at least 30 mins
- Set the oven to 175C and bake for 25 mins.
*instead of the fennel, coriander, anise and caraway you could also use a store-bought bread spice, but I always prefer not to use pre mixed spices.