Yes they are completely guilt free and yes you can eat them all at once if you want to 🙂
These cookies are a perfect snack for hot summer days, are so easy to whip up and the cookies even taste really delicious on their own.
Makes 6-8 Sandwiches
for the cookies:
- 2 cups spelt flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp blackstrap molasses
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 tbsp psylium husk + 6 tbsp water
for the ice cream:
- 4 frozen bananas
- Preheat the oven to 170C.
- Add all the dry ingredients into a large bowl and mix well.
- Melt the coconut oil and add into a smal bowl together with the remaining wet ingredients, stir until well combined.
- Add the wet to the dry ingredients and mix together until a batter forms.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and start forming your cookies. I used about 1 generous tbsp worth of batter for one cookies.
- Transfer into the oven and bake for about 10 mins.
- Let the cookies cool down completely.
- To make the nicecream add the frozen bananas into a high speed blender and blend until an ice cream forms.
- Next you can either simply spread the ice cream between two cookies.
- Or if you want them to look more neat, you can spread out the ice cream inbetween 2 sheets of parchment paper on a small tray and freeze it for a minimum of 1 hour. Then cut out little ice cream circles using a cookie cutter and place inbetween two cookies.
- Store in the freezer.