If you’re looking for a packed lunch, something to bring to a picknick or even take on a plane, this one might be something for you. It’s fairly easy to prepare, super delicious and will keep you full for a good while.
The cool thing about this recipe is that it’s basically two in one, because instead of rice I decided to make sunflower seed rice, which is super delicious and nutritious. You can make the sunflower seed rice just on its own and serve it as a risotto with some cooked veggies and nutritional yeast on top.
Makes 5 Wraps.
- 5 nori sheets
- 1 aubergine
- 3 handfuls of arugula
- 1/2 or 50g cup sun-dried tomatos
- 2 carrots
- 1/2 cup or 55g of walnuts
For the sunflower seed ‘rice’
- 3 cups or 450g of sunflower seeds (soaked in water for a few hours)
- 2 1/4 cups or 530 ml vegetable broth
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- garlic powder & salt to taste
- 1/4 cup or 60 ml of water
- Start by making the sunflower seed rice. Take about 3/4 a cup of the soaked sunflower seeds and place them in a food processor together with the lemon juice, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, salt & water.
- Blend until a smooth cream forms. Set aside
- Add the the remaining sunflower seeds together with the vegetable broth and bring to a boil, now let it simmer until all the water has dissolved, it will take about 30 mins.
- Now add the sunflower seed paste into the cooked seeds.
- Peel and slice your carrots, cut the aubergine into strips and dice the walnuts and the sun-dried tomatoes.
- In a skillet heat up some oil and cook the aubergine until tender.
- Now you can assemble your wraps. Spread out the sunflower seed rice on a nori seeds, leaving out the edges. Add the veggies like shown in the picture above.
- Roll it up by first tucking in the bottom left corner, then roll the bottom right corner towards the upper left one. Seal the wraps by adding a tiny bit of water onto the edges.