So, yes this is not a typo in the title. I actually meant Piesicles as in little pies in the form of popsicles. I made a delicious cinnamon and oat batter and filled it with a classic peanut butter and jelly filling.
They seem a lot trickier to make than they actually are. Its a very simple and straight forward recipe that everyone can redo at home. I used silicone popsicle molds which are oven proof, you can get them here. But you can also use just other small molds you have at home and just stick the popsicle sticks in afterwards, it won’t hold as well but it should do.
I really hope you try these out, there such a fun and different way of serving dessert without having any extra work.
Makes 8 Piesicles.
- 1 cup or 160g wholewheat flour
- 1 cup or 110g oats
- 1/2 cup or 70g coconut sugar
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tbsp baking soda
- a pinch of nutmeg
- a pinch of salt
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup or 230ml of soy milk at room temparature
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
for the filling:
- 1/2 cup or 70g frozen blueberries
- 1/2 tsp of tapioca
- 1 tbsp date sirup or liquid sweetener of your choice
- 4 tbsp peanut butter
- Start by making the blueberry jam. In a small saucepan heat up the blueberries on medium heat. While continuously stirring add in the liquid sweetener and the tapioca. Keep staring until the blueberries are mostly dissolved.
- Let the simmer for a few minutes until you transfer them to a small bowl and let it rest in the fridge while your making the batter.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Add the apple cider vinegar and the soy milk into a small bowl and whisk together. Let it sit for about 10 mins.
- Add the all the dry ingredients into a food processor and blend until the oats are broken down.
- Now add the apple cider vinegar, soy milk, bananas and coconut oil into the food processor and blend until a smooth batter forms.
- Fill the your popsicles molds with about 1 tbsp of batter each. Now divide the peanut butter and the jam between all of them and cover with the rest of the batter.
- Transfer into the oven and bake for about 20 mins.
- Let them cool down completely before removing from the molds.
- I sprinkled mine with a little bit of melted chocolate and ground up peanuts but this step is completely optional.