Everyone knows those instant noodle pots you can buy at the grocery store and I’m sure everyone has had one in the past. They are definitely one of the most convenient foods out there. But unfortunately most of them are packed with nasty ingredients and very high amounts of sodium.
But it is so easy to make your own, with whatever fresh and amazingly healthy ingredients you like. All you need to do is chop them up and add them into a jar together with some organic and high quality veg stock and miso paste. If you don’t have miso paste handy, you can even use soy sauce.
The ingredients used in this recipe are just a suggestion. Stuff that would also taste amazing is some fried tofu, thinly sliced mushrooms, artichoke hearts, radishes just to mention a few.
Makes 1 miso pot.
- 1 cup thin rice noodles
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped mint
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped basil
- 1 carrot
- 1/4 mung bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup chopped red cabbage
- 1/2 spring onion
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp vegetable stock powder
- 1 tsp miso paste
- Chop all the vegetables very thinly.
- Add all the vegetables together with the other ingredients into a sealable jar. The ones used in the recipe hold 0.5 liters.
- Take the jar with you to work, school or wherever your planing to go.
- Once you’re ready to eat fill the jar up with boiling hot water. Stir or shake well and let it sit for about 10 mins. Then your miso pot is ready to eat.