If you follow me on Instagram you are probably no stranger to the fact that I love breakfast. The shortage of breakfast recipes on my blog however is inexcusable, so this one is long overdue.
Everyone loves sweet potato and everyone loves waffles, so combining the two together is definitely a recipe for success (pun intended). This delicious combination of sweet and savory is the perfect addition to any brunch or if you’re just feeling a bit more extravagant for your weekday breakfast.
Serves 2 people.
- 1 large sweet potato (about 370g)
- 3/4 cup of oatmilk
- 1/2 cup of 55g oats
- 1/2 cup or 70g spelt flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt & nutmeg
- 1-2 tbsp of date sirup
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- toppings of your choice
- Preheat you oven to 200C. Peel the sweet potato and place in the oven for about 30 mins until it becomes soft.
- Let the sweet potato cool off for a bit then place into a food processor together with the other ingredients and blend until a smooth batter forms.
- Heat up your waffle iron and add the batter. The waffles need quite a long time to cool, about 12 mins. Don’t open the iron before that or otherwise the waffles will stick to the top of the iron.