I think it’s pretty vital to have a few really good pasta dishes in your repertoire. My go to is either a light but spicy tomato sauce with some tasty sautéed vegetables or something more thick and creamy.
This one is pretty genius because just from the almond butter and water base you can make about 100 different variations, just add whatever spices, herbs and vegetables you feel like. But I love this variation especially because of its simplicity, just the cheesy creaminess of the sauce mixed with the delicious roasted brussel sprouts is all you’re going to need. The perfect quick and easy weeknight dinner!
- 250g Spaghetti
- 1 onion
- 2 cups brussel sprouts
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 300 ml water
- 1 1/2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp dry thyme
- 1 clove of garlic
- salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 170C, toss the brussel sprouts in olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and then bake in the oven for about 15mins or until slightly browned.
- In the meantime cook the pasta as directed on the package.
- Next chop the onions and the garlic, heat up some oil in a large skillet and cook the onions until translucent and the add the garlic and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Next whisk together the water and the almond butter with the nutritional yeast. Pour over the onions and the garlic and reduce the heat, add the thyme and salt & pepper to taste and then let the mix bubble and reduce to a thick cream.
- Once the pasta and the brussel sprouts are ready toss in the sauce and serve.
* I like to sprinkle mine with a little bit of ground almonds before serving.