This Garam Masala Aubergine recipe was a rather spontaneous creation that wasn’t even meant to be a recipe at first. But not only did it turn out and taste amazing, it also looked so delicious that you guys on Instagram where really loving it and asking for the recipe! So here it is.
It’s simple, quick, super healthy and so flavourful! Perfect for a quick or packed lunch or even a nice dinner with friends. And if you’re not one for aubergines, which I cannot sympathize with in any way but I heard you’re out there, just swap them for some cauliflower.
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 2 handful of fresh leafy greens
- 2 aubergines
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 tbsp of fresh lemon juice
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 200g of fresh tomatoes
- 1/2 white onion
- 2 garlics cloves
- 2 tbsp of minced ginger
- 2 tbsp of garam masala
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp of paprika
- 1/2 tsp of turmeric
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Cut the aubergines in half and cut diamond shape carvings into the flesh (like shown in the images). Whisk together the olive oil and the lemon juice and brush the auberinges with the mix. Then add to the oven and bake for 30 mins.
- Meanwhile cook the quinoa as per instructions. (Don’t forget to rinse it before)
- Heat up about 2 tbsp of the coconut milk in a saucepan. Mince the onion, garlic and ginger and cook in the coconut milk until translucent.
- Next chop the tomatoes and add to the saucepan. Cook while stirring for about 3 minutes then add the remaining coconut milk and the spices. Let everything to simmer for about 25 mins.
- Serve in a bowl together with the quinoa, aubergine and the leafy greens.