I’m a huge breakfast lover and that is probably no news to you if you have been following this blog and I love coming up with new ideas and recipes for breakfast and I do like to change it up a bit. Because having the same kind of dishes for breakfast everyday quickly gets old for me. Don’t get me wrong, I still love a good porridge, some classic granola or a smoothie but not every day.
To me the best kind of breakfast recipes are the ones that are pre prepared, so all you have to do in the mornings is open your fridge. I’m not exactly a morning person, working on it though and so cooking is an activity that I enjoy much more later in the day. My favourite thing about these litte Granola Breakfast Cups is that it is totally customizable to your personal taste and what ever season it is. You can switch the vanilla soy yoghurt to coconut or blueberry yoghurt or the berries for some apple cubes or banana slices.
Granola Breakfast Cups
Makes 12 cups
- 1 cup or 100g walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups or 150g oats
- 8 pitted medjool dates
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- a pinch of salt
- a pinch of cinnamon
- 250g vanilla soy yoghurt
- a handful of fresh berries
- Preheat the oven to 170C.
- Add the walnuts into a food processor and pulse until they form a course meal.
- Add the oats, the dates, the coconut oil, salt and cinnamon and blend until crumbly.
- Brush 12 cupcake moulds with some more coconut oil and divide the ‘granola’ between the moulds and press down along the sides ans the bottom forming little cups.
- Now bake for 10-15 mins, watch closely they are done quite quickly.
- Let them cool for about 10-15 mins and then fill with the yoghurt and top off with the berries.