This Mushroom and Almond Soup has been my favorite soup recipe for a really long time now. I don’t know why it has taken me this long to upload it to the blog but finally here it is. Although spring is now in full swing and with the warmer weather we usually crave some lighter meals like some amazing salad and vegetable dishes. I find myself wanting some wanting some warmer hearty dishes every now and then even in spring or summer. So I find this soup to be a great recipe for all year round.
This recipe is probably as simple as it gets and takes only about 20 mins to make. The reason why I love this recipe so much is because you get so much flavor with a few simple ingredients and its such a satisfying meal, which isn’t always the case with soup.
Mushroom and Almond Soup
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 500g of brown mushrooms
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 cup (250ml) of vegan white wine
- 2 cups (500ml) of veggie broth
- 3 tbsp of almond butter
- 2 tbsp of dry thyme
- salt to taste
- cayenne pepper to taste
- Heat up the olive oil in a soup pot.
- Chop up the mushrooms and sautee in the oil until translucent.
- Now mince the garlic and the thyme and add to the pot and sautee for about a minute.
- Now add the wine, the veggie broth and the almond butter and simmer for 15 mins.
- With an immersion blender, blend everything until a smooth and creamy soup forms.
- Add the salt and cayenne pepper and serve.