It’s a Vegan Babka Wreath! It’s Easter weekend and usually, no matter how lovely the holidays are, they always bring up that little bit of stress in everybody. If that’s the case for you and you’re looking for a last minute treat to bring to whatever celebration your having on Sunday, I have a little recipe for you. Initially I wasn’t planning on adding this to the blog, I just wanted to shoot some nice photos for my portfolio and for Instagram. But I really loved how the pictures came out and the wreath tastet amazing, so I thought why not upload a little Easter special to the blog.
The recipe is super easy, all you need is a roll of pizza dough, yes lazy me, I used the store bought one, some medjool dates and chocolate. So many 0f you might even have these ingredients in your kitchen right now. If you don’t have any pizza dough or you don’t want to use the store bought ones, make it yourself! It’s incredibly easy and always vegan, all you need is some flour, yeast, olive oil, salt and water.
- I package of square pizza dough
- 16 medjool dates
- 100g of dark vegan chocolate
- some plant based milk to brush
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Remove the pits from all of your dates and add them into a saucepan with a little bit of water (about 1/3 cup).
- Heat on medium heat and stir until they dates start to dissolve and form a thick cream.
- Now chop up the chocolate and add to the date cream, stir until the chocolate has melted and a thick chocolate cream has formed.
- Roll out the pizza dough and spread the chocolate cream all over, then roll it back up.
- Cut the roll lengthwise through the middle. With the open “seams” facing upwards twits both pieces and the form a round wreath.
- Brush with some plant based milk and then transfer into the oven for about 15 mins.
- Serve with your favorite fruit on top!