I can’t believe how long it’s been since I uploaded the last recipe on here. Time just flies by way to fast when you’re busy. But I feel like this one is special enough for a comeback after a small hiatus. 🙂
This recipe came along after I decided to go for something a little more unusual then a regular miso aubergine. I just sliced the aubergine up into little cubes, fried it and tossed them in a heavenly miso and peanut sauce together with some kidney beans and served them in little lettuce leaves. All stuff I had rolling around in my fridge. You could substitute the beans with a different kind of legume or even some mushrooms, whatever you have at home.
This dish is so full of flavor and deliciousness it’s hard to believe how quick and easy it is to put together, I think it took me less then 20 mins. I’m a huge lover of anything miso and always looking for new was to incorporate it into my dishes. So coming up with this one was super exciting. A perfect little lunch on a rainy spring day.
Miso Aubergine Lettuce Wraps
- 2 tbsp of oil
- 1 Aubergine
- 1/2 a can of kidney beans
- 4 large lettuce leafs or about 8 smaller ones
for the sauce:
- 90g or 1/4 cup of peanut butter
- 2 tbsp of lemon juice
- 2 tbsp of miso paste (I use hatcho miso)
- 1/2 tbsp of tamari
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/4-1/3 cup of veggie broth or boiling water
- a sprinkle of sesame seeds
- 1 spring onion
- a sprinkle of mild chili flakes (optional)
- Start by heating up the oil on high heat in a skillet.
- Cut the aubergine into cubes and fry in the oil until soft.
- Mix all of the ingredients for the sauce together in a small bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Rinse and drain the beans and place in a larger bowl together with the sauce and toss.
- Place the mix on top of each lettuce leaf just like little wraps or tacos.
- Now garnish with the sesame seeds and the spring onion and serve.