These Raspberry and Vanilla Cupcakes with Amaretto Icing are a perfect treat for any special occasions. I love making cupcakes to bring along to birthday parties or any kind of celebratory gatherings because they are so quick to whip up and always make for a great gift.
The best thing about this recipe is you can adjust it to whatever you like, for example switch the vanilla with some cocoa powder or the raspberries for a dallop of peanut butter. If you prefer not to use amaretto in the icing you could even leave it plain or add some almond extract. Whatever ingredients you choose these will make for an amazing treat. I also like to make bigger batches and freeze them, so I only have to make the icing and voila, I have a cupcakes on hand at any time.
Vanilla and Raspberry Cupcakes with Amaretto Icing
Makes 12 cupcakes
Ingredients for the cupcakes:
- 1 1/4 cup wholewheat flour
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 12 raspberries
- 1/3 cup of coconut oil (melted)
- 1 1/4 cup soy milk (room temperature)
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
for the icing:
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp amaretto
- Preheat your oven to 175C. Line 12 cupcake molds with cupcake liners.
- Mix all of the dry ingredients for the cupcakes in a bowl and mix all of the wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Mix the contents of both bowls together and whisk until smooth. Now divide the batter in between the cupcake liners and drop one raspberry in each cupcake liner.
- Bake for about 15-18 mins.
- Once they are finished remove from the oven and let them cool down.
- Then add the butter and the amaretto a tall bowl and start mixing with the hand mixer, add the sugar a little bit at a time.
- Fill a piping bag with your icing and decorate your cupcakes.