This Green Avocado Gazpacho is probably the ultimate recipe for those super hot summer days, where you don’t feel like doing anything. Especially not cook. But on days like that it’s most important you watch out for what you’re eating, to keep your body energized. It’s so easy to grab some quick convenience foods, that will leave you feeling even more tired. This Gazpacho will not, it’s refreshing and it has loads of fresh greens and healthy fats.
The best thing is it requires almost no preparation at all. I just throw everything in a blender and let it chill in the fridge for a while. If time isn’t on your side and you don’t have time to chill the soup, simply trow the avocado and the cucumber in the freezer the night before. Roughly chop them, so your blender will have an easier job at breaking them down.
That’s it, nothing else.
Green Avocado Gazpacho
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 ripe avocado
- 250g (1 cup) of plant based natural yoghurt
- 1 tbsp fresh mint
- 2 tbsp fresh basil
- 1 small handful of fresh spinach
- 2 tbsp of almond butter
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- 1 tsp wheatgrass powder (optional)
- 1 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- Simply add all of the ingredients into the blender and blend until a smooth but thick, creamy soup forms. If the soup turns out to thick for you, add some more cucumber or water.
- Place in the fridge for 1-2 hours to chill before serving.