This recipe is part of the Vegan BBQ Extravaganza, to see the whole story click here.
Since in my opinion dessert is always mandatory and you need one, even for a BBQ. There aren’t that many sweets that work well on a grill, at least I can’t think of that many. But pizza works and sweet pizza works even better. I enhanced a classic pizza dough with some sugar and then simply added some apricot slices and a yummy chocolaty sauce. It’s a very simple idea that is just delicious and will make you the hero at any BBQ party.
Makes 4 small pizzas
- 2 cups of bread flour + some extra
- 2 tbsp of raw cane sugar
- 1/2 package of active dry yeast
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 3/4 of warm water
- 10-12 apricots
- 2-3 tbsp of raw cane sugar
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tsp of tapioca starch
for the chocolate sauce:
- 2 tbsp of almond butter
- 2 tbsp of cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp of agave nectar
- optionally some oat milk to thin out the sauce
- In a large bowl place the flour and the sugar and mix well. In a small bowl whisk the active dry yeast in with 2 tbsp of the warm water until they yeast has dissolved. Let it sit for 10 mins.
- Now add the olive oil, yeast mix and the remaining warm water to the large bowl with the flour. Bring everything together with your hands then place on a floured surface and start kneading for about 10 mins. Work in some more flour until the dough has a soft a stretchy consistency.
- Dust your bowl with some flour and cover with a damp kitchen towel, now let the dough rise in a warm place for about 2 hours.
- Towards the end of the 2 hours, slice the apricots into relatively thin slices and place in a bowl, first cover with the lemon juice and then with the tapioca starch.
- After the dough has risen, punch it down and divide into 4 pieces, roll it out into 4 disks.
- Place the apricot slices onto the dough, slightly pressing them in. Now sprinkle with the sugar.
- Place on the grill, either on the grid or ideally on a hot pizza stone and grill for about 10-12 minutes.
- In the meantime whisk together all of the ingredients for the sauce and then drizzle over the hot pizzas and serve!