This recipe is part of the Vegan BBQ Extravaganza, to see the whole story click here.
It wouldn’t be a complete BBQ without some good skewers. These ones have juicy veggies and tofu that has been marinated over night, so it’s just full of flavour. To top it all of they are drizzled with sweet chili sauce which makes them even more yummy.
- 1x 300g block of firm tofu
- 1 red, one green and one yellow bell pepper
- about 10 cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp of sesame oil
- 3 tbsp of tamari
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp of hot paprika
- 2 tbsp of sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp of tapioca starch
- 3 tbsp of sweet chili sauce
- The night before you plan on making your skewers, cut the tofu into bite sized cubes.
- Place in a sealable container together with the sesame oil, tamari, lemon juice, hot paprika and the sesame seeds. Shake the container well so all of the tofu cubes are covered and place in the fridge to marinate over night.
- The next day cut the bell peppers into little squares, and cut the tomatoes in half.
- Sprinkle the tapioca starch over the tofu blocks and shake the closed container well so all of the cubes are covered in tapioca.
- Now add all of the tofu cubes into skewers one after the other, separated by a piece of bell pepper or tomato.
- Now place on the grill and cook until the veggies are soft and the edges of the tofu have browned.
- Drizzle with the sweet chili sauce and serve.